Change Accomodation room id of existing booking

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Change Accomodation room id of existing booking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Bernd Hansen
    Participant

in the Reserved Accommodations section of the “Edit Booking” admin page, the selected Accommodation is linked, but can’t be changed (I’d prefer a list of available rooms that I could pick from to assign a particular room number to a booking).

It’s the value for the _mphb_room_id setting in the postmeta table

Has someone created a code hook to enable this, or am I missing a capability switch in the settings?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Bernd Hansen.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by J. Davis.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Bernd,

There is no option to change or select other accommodation of certain accommodation type after booking is placed. Actually accommodations are used to define the availability of accommodation type.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Bernd Hansen
    Participant

thanks for clarifying. I’m going to get custom code done to create this option, using ajax. If anyone else reading these boards wants a copy, just let me know

Stéphane Couturier
    Participant

Hello, I came upon your request. I don’t understand why this feature is not out yet. Did you have time to look for an alternative ? Let me know how you managed to do this.

Thank you very much

Philippe

Bernd Hansen
    Participant

i agree – I don’t know why the feature doesn’t exist. I ended up abandoning the motopress plugin, and using a different plugin that I found more flexible, and feature rich

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Stéphane,

As you can see there are no so much votes of other customers at this topic. That’s why the priority of this task is not so high as export of bookings, enhance iCal synchronization and back-end calendar, etc.

We keep collecting feedback about this feature and will do our best to review the possibility to edit the accommodation of existing booking, dates, etc.

Currently you may simply disable booking and add new from the dashboard with updated accommodation, dates, capacity, etc.

best regards,
    MotoPress Team

Lorne Neale
    Participant

I would support this feature. Just having to deal with it for the first time right now. I will upvote this feature. Thanks for sharing the work around. That’s what I’ll use for now. The trouble is not wanting to mess up other hooks like woocommerence and email notifications _ don’t want to upset happy customers.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Lorne Neale.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lorne,

Thank you for your feedback. Your vote has been added. Thanks

best regards,
    J. Davis

Mindy Morgan
    Participant

I just came across your post for the custom code to switch rooms or accommodations when editing a customer’s booking. I would love to have a copy of that code as soon as possible. Thank you

You can email me at [email protected]

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Mindy Morgan.
    Alexandre Gauthier
    Participant

I’m in the same boat here, my client need to be able to switch rooms or accommodations when editing a customer’s booking. So i vote to add this feature in Motopress booking plugin. If someone have find a code and want to share it, will be happy to test it.

Thanks [email protected]

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I also really need this functionality. The system basically just keeps assigning the same room day after day instead of spreading out the reservations across rooms. I need to be able to switch the room that the system is assigning.

Chrissy Raudonis
    Participant

I’d also like this feature.

Thomas
    Participant

Hi,
    I would also like this feature which is rather crucial.
    Let’s say you have 1 type of accomodation with 15 identical rooms. By default, the plugin would always assign the first ID room from this accomodation type, so you need to be able to modify it as an admin if you want to balance your bookings over all 15 rooms, if they are available of course.
    This is also important for the depreciation of your rooms, you do not want to end up the year with one room 100% booked and others 50% booked for instance.

Regards,
    Thomas

Lauren Schwartz
    Participant

I really wish this would get on the radar …. this issue (in addition to a couple of others) is going to force me to switch plugins.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello, thank you for all your votes. Our developers are planning to add the requested feature in one of the nearest plugin updates. Please, keep the Hotel Booking license activated, in order to be able to update the plugin.

Best Regard,
    Mary Evans

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.