Adults and children in booking form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sandy Joblin
    Participant

Thanks for adding the ability to pick between turning off adults and children and replacing with guests. This makes it work better across the whole website. What i would like to do, however, is add to the booking form so that they can add in how many adults and children there are in their booking. It would only require adding 2 options something like:

Please enter the total number of adults in your booking:____
    Please enter the total number of children in your booking: ____

These then get added into the information sent to admin so we are aware if there will be children coming.

I have found the form in the plugin and can add the two options myself but not sure how to have them added to the booking emails for the admin and customer and then everytime the plugin is updated they would disappear again.

Can you please point me in the correct direction, thanks.

Steve
    Keymaster

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your question.

In your case I think you should select “enable adults and children options for website (default)” option together with “Hide adults and children fields within search availability forms” checkbox.

This will remove adults and children from search forms but leave them on the checkout.

Sandy Joblin
    Participant

hi thanks for the suggestion, however it doesnt really work. The issue is if you had a room with a queen size bed and a single for example. You could book that room for 3 adults with one adult in the single bed, or, you could book that room for 1 adult and 2 children with 1 child sleeping in the queen bed with the adult. This would mean that in admin, you enter 3 adults and 2 children as that is the maximum number of each that the room would take.

This causes a problem though at the end of checkout because you could enter 3 adults and 2 children in the drop downs at the top of the page which exceeds the total number allowed in the room.

I would rather it says 3 guests throughout the site as maximum and then 2 simple text areas above the notes perhaps, for people to enter how many of the 3 guests are adults and how many are children, just so we know when the booking comes through.

booking form

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Sandy,

Then you would need to use the option Disable “children” option for my website (hide “children” field and use Guests label instead). (Accommodation > Settings).
    Adding new fields on the checkout page is not update-proof. The easiest way to request the number of children and adults would be through renaming one of the existing fields (e.g. address fields or Notes to something like ‘Please, state the number of adults and children staying’. The renaming can be done with a translation plugin, e.g. Loco Translate:
    1. Install the Loco Translate plugin from wp.org and activate it.
    2. Navigate to Dashboard > Loco Translate > Plugins and click Hotel Booking.
    3. Click New Language.
    4. Choose the default language of your WordPress.
    5. Use the filter field to find all strings that you would want to rename.
    6. Add your own phrases as translation.
    7. Save and check the result.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.