Allow Multiple Bookings Per Appointment

• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi,

I was hoping to use this plug-in for a tour business. However, when setting up a test it seems like only one booking can be made per slot (time/date/employee/location). Is there a way to allow multiple people to booking into the same slot up to the maximum number?

For example, I set the maximum capacity to 20. Someone books for a tour for 2 people at 9 o’clock on the 5th April in London. The booking is confirmed. I then want to allow up to 18 other people to book onto the same tour. Can I do this?

Cheers,
    Rob

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question. At the moment, there is no possibility to create such type of group services by using the Appointment Booking plugin. However, you may enable the option for 1 guest to book service for several persons. You may refer to this post to learn how it works https://motopress.com/blog/service-capacity-appointment-booking-1-3-1/

best regards,
    John Davis

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for confirming John. Are there any plans to include this functionality? The plugin isn’t appropriate for public tours without this.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your question. We have such a request in our list of features so I’ve added your upvote there. We will notify you when we have any news. Thanks.

best regards,
    John Davis

Brent Whistler
    Participant

Hi! You can add me to the list for this as well. My scenario is doggy daycare (daytime only). I can’t very well use hotel bookings for it, so it’s more like booking a resource with no employee attached (same as the other guy with the tour.. or if I were reserving books or anything else that isn’t a 1:1 time with a person). So, it’s almost like just a tweak to the plugin to make it optional to have an employee attached. No employee means no max 1 limitation of bookings. I’ll work around it by putting 5 “employees” on the service I suppose, but it’s awkward.

Brent Whistler
    Participant

The other option to address this need might be to allow the hotel booking plugin to be by the hour instead of requiring an overnight stay – which would have the side-effect of accommodating the many many hotels (motels) that offer hourly rates.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Brent, thanks for your thoughts

João Peixoto
    Participant

Indeed, I just bought this for my food tour business, being very happy that this has all the functionalities I want, and suddenly, I just realized that I can’t edit this option. Makes no sense…!

If a tour can have up until 10 people, how can’t I let the app accept bookings to a time block until an employee’s capacity is full?!

Otherwise I would have to conform with an employee being only available for one booking, even if it is of only one person?

Is there any workaround for this?

Raglan Thompson
    Participant

+1 for this feature to be added. Without this, the plugin essentially is only suitable for those who offer 1:1 services (or 1:1 group booking). The option to take multiple bookings for the same time slot us needed.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thank you for your feedback.

David Morales
    Participant

I have been a MotoPress user for 2 years and this feature has always been necessary in booking projects. For example, I have a client who offers day passes at their hotel, which has a capacity of up to 70 people… You can imagine the hassle 😢.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

thanks for your feedback

Cristian Benmuyal
    Participant

+1 for this.

I actually bought the plugin for a sailboat daily charter that can book 10 people and makes no sense when just 1 person book to have the boat for himeself lol.

There should be the “slots available” option and as the slots are sold that “availability” changes.

Anyone found any workaround this? Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Cristian,
    Thanks for your feedback. Meanwhile, you can try to use Employees as seats on the boat. So you may create 10 Employees and name them as Seat #1, Seat #2, and so on. You can hide the Employees field on the booking form.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.