WPML translation for emails and payment method strings is buggy

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking WPML translation for emails and payment method strings is buggy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Emanuel
    Participant

Hello there, MotoPress Hotel Booking is working fine with WPML on our bilingual website https://chillisimo.de/en/ – largely. But I had/am having huge problems translating the customer emails as well as payment methods names and descriptions.

For info: our main language is German and second language is English. I also work in German in the backend usually.

So by default after installation all default mails and strings at Hotel Booking settings were German.
    However at WPML string translation they were marked as English. So I changed the language flags of the strings to German and added English translations. This however did not work: The translations were not used in the booking form and emails.

Then I made it the other way round: I saved English strings at Hotel Booking settings (thus overwriting the saved German strings), re-set their language flags to English at WPML string translations and added German translations there.

This seems to work for now. But I have to be extremely cautious about any changes. If I open the settings, I will see translated strings in the backend (according to my user language). If I make changes here and save, they will overwrite the English strings in WPML.

So in conclusion, the string translation does not fully work as intended (or as I expect it to work) for all strings that are saved in MotoPress Hotel Booking settings!

Any hints or suggestions? Maybe a better fix for the problems?

Andre Flores

Hi Emanuel,

In order to take a closer look at the issue we need the access to your WordPress dashboard. Please submit a request at: https://support.motopress.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Best regards,
    Andre

Emanuel
    Participant

Hello Andre,

thanks for your suggestion, I will do so. However, I think the translation method has to be more integrated into the settings section of MotoPress Hotel Booking.

I have seen it in other plugins from other vendors (not only WooCommerce). Either each text field within the settings in the backend will have a flag symbol to set which language this string is entered in.
    Or the settings are shown and saved according to the quick WPML language selector in the WordPress toolbar.

One of these variants should be implemented into Hotel Booking instead of fully relying on the WPML string translation function.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Emanuel,

Thank you for your reply. As a rule, there are not any difficulties translating the strings of the Hotel Booking plugin. Sometimes the difficulties may occur if the content has been created using one language and then you switch your site to another default language.
    Additionally, it is not recommended to enable the restricted domains within string translation configurations like the ‘admin_..’ domain, etc.

We’ll do our best to help you sort this out via your personal request.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Jose Antonio Alamo Rodriguez
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jose Antonio Alamo Rodriguez
    Participant

I have already solved.
    The browser cache did not show the translations …

Thanks!!!

Andre Flores

Hello Jose,

Thank you for letting us know, I am glad that the issue has been resolved.
    It would be very much appreciated if you leave your positive feedback about the Hotel Booking plugin at: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#edd-reviews-respond.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.