Variable price count per person

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Christiaan de Leeuw
    Participant

I would like to set the price variation according to a range of guests, adding a specific amount per person (Adult/child), without having to add all possible amounts separately. We have capacity from 10 to 18 Persons, where adults cost more than children. Do I really need to manually enter 9×9=81 price-combinations for just one accommodation? We’re on AirBnB too, where we’ve just set a price per person and per child, and the website instantly calculates the total amount based on the values entered in the search field.

Could you please make a price-per-person option? Having to enter all possible combinations by hand makes the plugin useless for bigger accommodations with variable amounts of guests.

Andre Flores

Hello, Christiaan!

So far this is indeed the only option to have prices calculated depending on the number of adults/children, since by default the price is calculated per night, not per guest or per adult/children. However, we will take your request into consideration and in case there are more similar requests from other users, we will definitely consider adding such option to one of the plugin future updates.

Regards,
    Andre

Monica Omodei
    Participant

I would like to add my voice to Christiaan’s that this would n a very handy feature. I have quite a lot of seasons to add each year for public holiday weekends and I have to add multiple price variations for each based on the number of guests in the booking.

Andre Flores

Hello, Monica!

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted. If there are any updates/progress regarding this matter, I will let you know.

Regards,
    Andre

Ravindra Shinde
    Participant

Hello Andre,

This feature must I also face same issue

Andre Flores

Hello, Ravindra!

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted.

Regards,
    Andre

Albertus Korb
    Participant

Hello Andre,

We have been trying to add a price per person as specified in your tutorial but now the drop-down selection for the number of people does not calculate correctly. It has been a mission just to get this plugin to work correctly, please advise if we can request a refund.

Andre Flores

Hello Albertus,

Could you kindly provide me with your website URL and temporary access to WordPress dashboard in a private reply, so I take a closer look at the issue? We have not received any complaints from other users regarding incorrect prices calculation for different number of guests so far.

Regards,
    Andre

Albertus Korb
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Albertus Korb
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andre Flores

Hello Albertus,

That is correct, this is exactly how the plugin functions by default. We force guests to select the number of guests once again on Checkout page in order to avoid any kind of mistakes from their end. By default the price in the price breakdown is displayed according to the maximum number of guests possible for booking in corresponding accommodation, however, on check availability page correct price is displayed once you check availability for certain dates and for certain number of guests, so there should be no confusion at all.
    We do have a feature request to have this flow changed and we are currently collecting a feedback from our users. In case there are more requests from other users, we might consider changing the way the plugin calculates prices on Checkout page. For now this is how the plugin functions by default.

Regards,
    Andre

Albertus Korb
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Okay, I understand that you would like the user to confirm with reselecting, I still believe that this is an unnecessary step in the process.

I also think it creates confusion as I mentioned before, if the user cheks the pricing breakdown before selecting the amount of people again as some people check things before filling out forms then they will be confused as they will see the pricing for 1 guest that pulls in dynamically if they selected one from the check availability form.

But the pricing breakdown will show the max amount of guests next to the pricing for one. Surely the number of people should also pull in dynamically as the pricing does in the pricing breakdown?

Andre Flores

Hello Albertus,

Yes, I am following your concerns. This function is the one that is under our team investigation and we might consider re-building it in future. However, at the moment this is the way the Checkout functions by default.

Regards,
    Andre

Gundula Uray
    Participant

upvote – the current process is not maintanable. PLEASE CONSIDER enhancing this function. Currently it is very painful to enter hundrets of rates for just one single appartement/hut/chalet.

Paul22
    Participant

Count my vote as well for this feature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.