Transaction failure page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steewven Grenet
    Participant

Hello,
    I am in the process of building an online reservation website for a carp fishing pond.
    Your plugin is perfect for the desired use.
    And it’s pretty well documented.
    I manage to do what I want but unfortunately I fail on the transaction failure page.
    I am in the test phase and when I make a payment via paypal I am well directed to the paypal site to connect and complete the transaction.
    But once on paypal, if I click on “Cancel and return to …” the transaction failure page appears but it is empty.
    I only have my header and my footer (development via elementor).
    My question is, is there any shortcodes for this page?
    Where should we make a page to inform the customer that he must restart his reservation?
    On the booking side, this one appears pending payment.
    But there not is an opportunity to make the payment again since no email is sent to the customer and the transaction failure page is empty.

Thank you for your help.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Steewven,

Thanks for your question. The page for the Failed Transaction should be selected at Accommodation > Settings > Payment Gateways. There is no shortcode for this page and you may add your information to inform the guest about further actions to take.
    Let me know if it is helpful.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Steewven Grenet
    Participant

Hello David,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I set up a “failed payment” page. But how can we make a return to the reservation automatically.
    Currently the failed reservation remains pending in reservations until the configured payment time has elapsed. If time exceeded the reservation changes to abandoned status.
    Is there anything planned for this? Should we send an email to the customer to finalize this reservation?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Steewven,

Thanks for your further question. I’ve tested Paypal on our demo https://hbdemo.getmotopress.com/mountainview/ and it returned me to the Failed Transaction Page automatically. As for the payment so it is not canceled indeed. So I’ve forwarded this information to our developers to adjust the PayPal integration and cancel the Payment if the buyer clicks the option to cancel the payment and return to the merchant website during the payment. We will notify you when we have any news.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.