Today link on calendar not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Levack
    Participant

The today link on of my calendars widgets does not work. The issue is with all instances of the module site sitewide.

https://lakepointeresort.com/book-now/

thanks
    T

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your question. When you hover over the date in the datepicker it shows a tooltip about incorrect rules of advance reservation. I’d recommend you to navigate to Bookings > Booking Rules and check Advance reservation rules and other booking rules by the way.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Thomas Levack
    Participant

Thanks for spotting that; someone incorrectly set a rule, causing the calendar dates not to show for the check-in calendar. That has been fixed, but not the issue I posted about. That’s our fault for causing that issue.

The issue I need assistance with is the “Today” link on the top of the calendar that will reset the calendar to the current date. Users can use the arrows to move forward and back, but the “today” link doesn’t work. It does this on all front-end calendars but works fine in the admin. I am digging thru my CSS but not seeing anything that would kill the functionality of the link.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for clarification. Perhaps there is conflict with a third-party plugin installed on your site. Could you try to disable them one be one reloading the page to check whether Today link works correctly.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Thomas Levack
    Participant

Ok. I understand what’s going on now. Because I have a minimum advanced rule, the test today button is being disabled because the user technically cannot select “today.” I believe most people see that center link as a way to reset to the current month, which is how most calendar widgets work.

It would be nice if that link would take the calendar back to the current month and the first available date. This is not a custom-built application so I understand it is what it is.

If the booking rule is going to disable that link, it really should also make it invisible. A dead link looks like an error to the customer.

I guess I will adjust CSS to hide the link unless you can think of any workaround to allow the calendar to “reset” with an active booking rule.

Thomas Levack
    Participant

I actually just noticed if you hover over the center link, a tooltip says “show today’s month.” So it appears that it is suppose to work the way I suggested but the booking rule is affecting the link incorrectly. if I add a 1 day minimum advanced notice, I should still be able to link to “show todays’s month”

Gonna hide it for now, but can we see about getting this fixed on the next update.

Thanks
    T

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve managed to replicate the case and so I’ve forwarded it to our developers. We will notify you if we have any news on this topic.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.