Set starting month for availability calendar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nicole Paton
    Participant

Hello,

Is there a way to set the starting date for the availability calendar which shows on the single accommodation pages and also when using the shortcode [mphb_availability_calendar] for a given accommodation type.

I can see that we can choose how many months to show, however I need to set a minimum starting month and I can’t find a way to do this.

The use case is that we open bookings now for a lodge which does not open until June. So when I show 2 or 3 months in the availability calendar not availability can be seen at all. Everything is just grey because no bookings can be placed in the next 3 months.

I just want to show the availability calendar starting from June.

How can I do that?

Honestly I thought it would be the default to only show from the first date a booking can be accepted based on the seasonal rate rules however it seems to default to today no matter what.

Thanks very much,

Nicole

Nicole Paton
    Participant

After reading the relevant code in mphb.js
    I have come up with a hacky workaround by setting the minimum advance booking for all accommodation types to 70 days. The issue with this is that I will have to manually change that down every day as we approach the opening date.

There really should be another way. A better way…

Please let me know if I have missed the better way to achieve this.

Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Nicole,

Currently, there is no option to set a default/start month for the availability calendar or availability form in the Hotel Booking plugin. I’ve added such a request to our list of features. We will notify you if we have any news.
    Meanwhile, you may add some kind of notice explaining that check-in starts in June.

best regards,
    John Davis

Nicole Paton
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for the response.

I really think the best functionality would be that the availability calendar only shows from the first month during which there could possibly be availability. Eg. The first month which has a season with prices added in the admin system.

There is no point showing months which cannot be booked by anyone, even by the administrator. Please note, I’m not suggesting to start after months which are genuinely booked out. Just after those which cannot be booked at all.

Thanks,

Nicole

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your feedback I clearly understand it. We will notify you when we have any news.

best regards,
    John Davis

Andre Flores

Hello Nicole,

We delighted to let you know that we have just released the Hotel Booking plugin update v. 4.8.8 with the availability calendar starting from the first available month. Feel free to update the plugin to have this option.

Best regards,
    Andre Flores

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.