Set Deposit percentage by property

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keith O Reilly
    Participant

Is it possible to set the deposit charged by property. Is this something that can be customised?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

Could you clarify your request more detailed providing examples? Could you describe your situation so we could understand it better? Thank you.

Best regards,
    John

Keith O Reilly
    Participant

At the moment you have to set the deposit to be taken in the payment gateway at a standard XX percent. So the same rate is applied to all properties.

But say I have 5 properties

Property 1 – Deposit taken is 30 percent
    Property 2 – Deposit taken is 23 percent
    Property 3 – Deposit taken is 29 percent

and so on.

Is there a way to do this? Not all owners who we deal with charge the same percentage deposit.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Keith O Reilly.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

There is not option to define deposit value for each accommodation type at the moment. However we’ll keep your request in mind and its priority will depend on quantity of same queries. So anybody who need this feature feel free to comment this topic.

Best regards,
    John

Sarah Rusch
    Participant

I am also in need of this feature!

Julian Sergeant
    Participant

I would also like this feature, even better for me would be a ‘1 night deposit’ option – if a guest stays 5 nights in the high season we charged them the equivalent of 1 nights rent in advance.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Julian,

Thank you for your comment. Could you clarify the option/functionality (not workaround) you need? Do you mean you want to add +1 night free if your guests books a room for 5 and more days? Pleas specify exact rules. Thank you.

Best regards,
    John

Chrissy Raudonis
    Participant

I’d also like this feature (variable deposit percentages).

The other option that could work for us would be a feature where the guest pays the full about up to a certain amount (because right now if you set a deposit, they pay the full deposit amount, even if the total booking is less than that amount). So say you set a deposit of $600 but the total booking is $200. The guest would only pay $200. But if their total booking cost were $800, then they would pay $600.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Chrissy,

Thank you for your feedback. We’ll keep this in mind and update the topic if we have any news.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.