Reactivate a booked room availability

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nelson Gonçalves
    Participant

Hi

I have a site of a small hotel with about 6 double-rooms. In the site we only show one available because we receive requests from other sources.
    Once a room is booked in the site, and if I have more available, I would like to make it available again for the same dates in the site. Is it possible? How?

Thank you

Nelson / Contacto Visual

Andre Flores

Hello Nelson,

You may generate 6 accommodations for your double-rooms accommodation type and make sure 5 of them are in “Draft”, e.g.: https://prnt.sc/1rpeshr. This means only 1 accommodation (room) will be available for booking. Once it is booked for certain dates, you may publish one of the drafted accommodations, so the double room is available for the same dates again.
    However, this appears to be just a workaround and it is recommended to synchronize your rooms calendars on your website with corresponding rooms on other sources, if it is possible.

Regards,
    Andre

Nelson Gonçalves
    Participant

Sounds like an interesting solution, Andre.
    At first, I did have all available, but it’s the synchronizing that failed, and I had to left only one.
    I will test the solution.
    Thank you

Nelson / Contacto Visual

Nelson Gonçalves
    Participant

Or maybe not.
    If I publish one of the drafted accommodations, it will be available not only for the specif dates of the booked room (my base challenge), but any dates at all.
    That is not the idea.

Nelson / Contacto Visual

Andre Flores

Hello Nelson,

Indeed, when the accommodation is published, it will become available for other dates as well. The workaround would be blocking it for all the dates but the one it was booked on. This, however, would require too much manual control from the administrator and might be not very convenient.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.