Price at Choose rate different than normal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GEORGIOS CHATZIDIMITRIOU
    Participant

Hello,
    We have our standard price, for 1 or 2 guests, and a higher price for when a 3rd guest is selected.

When searching, the price shows correct. When trying to book, on the Choose rate option, it shows the highest price (3 person price) even when no number of guests is selected, and when you scroll down at price breakdown, the price is correct.

Screenshot-20210327-215806-Chrome

GEORGIOS CHATZIDIMITRIOU
    Participant

Just to add, the Base price is correctly showing on the price breakdown. ( the lowest price).

The issue is at the Choose Rate price, that instead of showing the base price, it’s showing the 3 person variation instead.

Andre Flores

Hello Georgios,

This is how the plugin functions by default. Unless the number of guests is selected, the valid price can not be calculated by the plugin, therefore it requires the parameter to rely on, which is the maximum number of guests in this case.
    Once the desired number of guests is selected, the guest will see valid price.

Regards,
    Andre

Ron Neeleman
    Participant

This is unworkable. Guests will be put off by seeing a price that’s way too high and will leave the page even before changing the desired number of guests. I understand the plugin needs a parameter, but why is it you chose the MAXIMUM number of guests? I would prefer to see the lowest price or no price at all until the guest has made their choice. Anyway, the desired number of guests has already been set in the search form, so you could also use this number, right?

As Georgios mentioned, the base price is correctly showing on the price breakdown. Why can you make it work there and not on the Choose rate section?

Can you provide a workaround please because this is unacceptable for a paid plugin.

Ron Neeleman
    Participant

For anybody interested in this. I have added a workaround. I created a rate for 5 persons of 999 euro, so it would show this amount for ‘Choose rate’. Then I used a search/replace plugin to change this text into “please choose a number of guests to show the correct price”. After that I made sure the maximum number of guests in the searchbox is 4, so nobody would ever see this amount of 999 euro.

Andre Flores

Hello Ron,

Thank for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I have passed it to our developers and added your up-vote to the request.
    Also, thank you for sharing your workaround, it might be useful to other users, who also face the same issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.