Prevent reservations abandoned automatically possible?

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Prevent reservations abandoned automatically possible?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi,

i use setting that reservations are directly confirmed + use only off line payments. I discovered that reservations are abandoned automatically if customer did not pay in xx time (set time in config)

I studied the subjects on the forum,

please confirm correct interpretation – if not payment set manually to completed:
    – if payments have pending status – automatically abandoned after xx time
    – if payments have on hold status – automatically abandoned after xx time

What is in the config the max time to “within a reservation should be paid before automatically set to abandoned?

Is there a workaround to prevent this automatich abondoning? I do not want that.

thanks in advance

Maurice

Andre Flores

Hello Maurice,

In case of using offline payment methods bookings should be confirmed automatically. Once they are, they can not be abandoned regardless of whether the payment was done or not, as the plugin does not receive information about the payment itself while using offline payment methods.
    Kindly specify the issue you are facing in more details.

Regards,
    Andre

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi Andre,

We use automatic confirmation of reservation with using the payment gateways with only the “direct bank transfer or cash”. This is necessary to be able to use the downpayment function of the system. When a reservation is created, also automatically a payment is created with status completed (for downpayment). We change status payment manually to pending or sometimes on hold. We also create manually payments for the 2nd or 3rd payment a customer has to do with status pending or on hold. This helps us to manage the various payments in time the customer has to do. and use this in the payment request add on. Recently we noticed in the payment history view that we see payments marked with “xx day overtime” and a bit later the system changes them to abondoned and then also the reservation is change to status abondoned. This is very nasty and has to be prevented.

Please share your ideas how I can prevent this. Currently the high season is coming and I can not have a system abondoning reservations. Today another 8 reservations where abandoned and have to be manually change to confirmed. This works, the calendar is blocked in the back end, but in front end remain visible as available. (happily no possibility to make new reservation)

Maurice

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

aditional – what is the exact trigger to abandon the payment and later the reservation? I can not find a logic in the payment logs nor in the reservations log

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

after analysing I saw a different behaviour between payment status pending and on hold. With pending, I notice the automatic process of abondoning, with on hold as far as I saw not. I now changed all payment statusses of pending to on hold and will keep an eye on the results. inform you later

Andre Flores

Hello Maurice,

Thank you for your detailed feedback, it is much appreciated. When using Pending status the booking is abandoned after the Pending Payment Time expires, you may control that time by changing its value under Accommodation ->Settings ->Payment Gateways tab.
    As for On-Hold status, it is only affected by whether the payment was done or not, so it most likely will not switch to Abandoned automatically.

Regards,
    Andre

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi Andre,

indeed with the on hold status, my process runs well hapily.

thanks for your feedback!

Andre Flores

Hello Maurice,

You are most welcome, I am glad it works for you. It would be very much appreciated if you share your positive experience with the Hotel Booking plugin at: https://www.trustpilot.com/evaluate/www.getmotopress.com.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.