Include the service taxes on the price as with the accommodation taxes

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Include the service taxes on the price as with the accommodation taxes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sara Söderlund
    Participant

Hello 👋

I am wondering why I can check a box to include the taxes to the price shown for the accommodations, but not to the services? This seems strange to me, as I am showing the accommodation prices with the taxes included, but when the client goes to add services, they see the prices without the taxes included.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your questions. The Services are optional and may not be selected by the guest during the reservation process. The services are selected on the checkout page and so the guest can see that the taxes are applied.
    Let me know if you have any additional questions.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Sara Söderlund
    Participant

Hello Davis, thanks for your reply 🙏🏼‍

I still don’t understand the logic. Even if the services can be purchased only in the checkout page, and they can see the breakdown on that same page, the price of the service (even if optional) is wrong in my opinion for two reasons:

a. It is not the final price they will pay for the service
    b. There is nowhere in the price of the service indicating that it is xx€(+VAT) for example.

I think one or the other would be necessary.

Do you understand what I mean?

Have a nice day 💚

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean you have applied a separate tax to the Services?

best regards,
    J. Davis

Sara Söderlund
    Participant

We have a tax for the accommodation and a different one for the services

View post on imgur.com

(the red box is to indicate that the “include” tick box for the services taxes would be very useful)

On the checkout page, you can see the services without tax (and no indication that they are without taxes)

View post on imgur.com

Thanks.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your clarification and screenshots. I’ve added your request to our list of features to check how many users will ask for this improvement and define the priority of this feature.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Sara Söderlund
    Participant

Thank you. Have a nice weekend.

Joosep
    Participant

+1. It is really confusing for the client to see one price (without tax) when adding service and then after when in checkout discover that that the price was without tax. It should be a high priority fix.

Sara Söderlund
    Participant

I agree Joosep.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi, I’ve added your upvote, thanks

Sara Söderlund
    Participant

Hello 👋

Have this still not being implemented? It is incredibly annoying to be able to include the taxes in the shown price on accommodations, but not on services. Why this difference?

Please fix this! 🙏

Love!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your upvote.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.