Ignore 2 night minimum for orphan nights

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicole Paton
    Participant

Hello,

We have a 2 night minimum booking rule on weekends for all rooms and every day for our premium rooms. Mostly this is to prevent people ruining the whole weekend by booking just one night. However sometimes people book longer stays that start and finish on weekends which is permitted and as a result sometimes there are orphan single nights leftover. Eg. there might be a Saturday night left between two longer bookings. This would be desirable for a guest to book and we would love them to do so, however they can’t because of the booking rules even though the room is available.

How can I allow single night bookings for these orphan nights?

I know your competitor Vik bookings has an option to ignore the booking rules for orphan nights. Is this possible with Motopress? Maybe similar to the option for admin can ignore the booking rules.

If not, is there any way I can achieve this, even manually once I see an orphan night? The only way I can think of is to create a whole season for every single orphan night then add a booking rule for that season. Which is very tedious. If I could make just one season with one rule for that season and add multiple nights to it that would ok, however that is not possible at present.

Thanks for your help 🙂

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your question. We have such a request to ignore minimum stay rules for short stays between the bookings. I’ve added your upvote to this task and we will notify you when we have any news.
    Meanwhile, you may ask the guests to contact you to add bookings for the single dates between the bookings or add separate seasons for those nights. However, it is not required to add a booking rule of a 1-night minimum stay for those seasons. You just need to add those separate seasons to your rates placing them over other season prices to set the highest priority.

Let me know if it is helpful or if you have any additional questions.

best regards,
    John Davis

Nicole Paton
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks very much for your feedback and suggestions. That method is even more complex than what I did as we have very complex rates with many variations for each seasons. So I don’t wish to add rates for every orphan night season.

I guess this brings up a another request which would help to implement this workaround. That is for multi-date seasons.

We actually have this need for another reason (we have two separate discount weeks). However we worked around the by overlapping and order / priorities in the rates.

However in this case it would be good to have 1 season which can have 10 different dates added into it for all the orphan nights. Otherwise I have to make many seasons (1 for each night) and then if we need to change the pricing it’s a major pain as that must be done repeatedly for every season and already the pricing is complex with numerous variations for each season.

Thanks,

Nicole

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve added it to our list of features. We will notify you when we have any news.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.