iCal Sync updating booking details, first and last name

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking iCal Sync updating booking details, first and last name

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Labelle
    Participant

1 – I’m referencing this article:

Modify existing bookings

but I’m wondering if things like first and last name get updated on the external system or internal accommodation type, if that triggers and sync update?

Once the sync as been made is that it? If dates get updated remotely does that update the local calendars? What about other details like first and last name?

2 – If I move a customers booking from one room to another room it should update the sync, no? How does that work?

Thank you so much.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

It depends on the booking platform that imports bookings. Some booking platforms are used to remove the previously imported bookings automatically if it is not available in the ical file during the next import session. However, some platforms ignore it and so we recommend that you check all the platforms to remove or update the imported bookings if it have been canceled or edited on the original resource.
    As for the Hotel Booking plugin, it removes the imported bookings that have been canceled/removed on the external booking platform.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.