How Can I Add The Availability Calendar For One Accommodation?

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking How Can I Add The Availability Calendar For One Accommodation?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rob McClellan
    Participant

Team MotoPress,

I want to place the availability calendar into a page. And I mean the actual calendar, not a form to select a date like the [mphb-availability id=123″] shortcode provides.

I want to embed the visual calendar at the top of a dedicated page for availability of that exact property. How can I do that?

Failing that, how can I add the calendar to the top of the [mphb-availability id=”123″] form so that it always shows (as it does at the bottom of the actual accommodation type page)?

This is very important – it is, truly, the only functionality for this plugin (indeed, for the entire website, almost) the client is interested in. It is their absolute primary requirement. He wants a dedicated availability and booking page that shows the calendar and that syncs to external services (AirBnB and VRBO specifically).

Thank you,
    Rob

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your suggestion. At the moment there is no shortcode to add availability calendar to page or post. We’ve added your suggestion to our features list. Probably it will be available further.

You can just change the position of calendar on page of accommodation type following our developer section of hotel Booking plugin documentation.
    Thank you for your feedback.

Lok Cheung
    Participant

Thanks Rob for raising the question. I think most of the Hotel Booking plugin clients want this feature too. True, this is very important and a very useful information for a guest to see room availability before going any further. Thank you and look forward to seeing this feature soon.

Regards,
    -Lok

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lok,

Thank you for your feedback. We’ll keep it in mind.

Additionally your visitors can check availability of accommodation type with an availability form. You can enable direct booking at plugin to keep visitor on the same page and see availability for certain dates.

best regards,
    John

Lok Cheung
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for your advice. Yes, the availability calendar has already been in the plugin but just a matter of when or where to display it.

May I suggest adding an option to the [mphb_room] shortcode and its spec would be like this:

Display Single Accommodation Type
    [mphb_room]

availability Whether to display availability calendar of the accommodation type.

Values: true | false (yes,1,on | no,0,off)

Default: true

Thanks and regards,
    -Lok

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lok,

Thank you for your feedback. Could you also specify the reason why you need calendar for [mphb_room] shortcode and not as separate shortcode for a calendar element? Could let me know how you would use it? Thanks.

best regards,
    John

Lok Cheung
    Participant

Thanks, John. I think it would be easier for you to just add displaying the availability calendar as an option in the [mphb_room] shortcode instead of writing a new one.

We use Hotel Booking plugin to manage booking for different holiday houses, our guests would usually like to browse booking calendar of individual holiday house before taking any actions. Thus we need to display the availability calendar on a page or widget so as to help them make a decision.

Thanks and regards,
    -Lok

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lok,

Thank you for your feedback and explanation. We’ll take it into the consideration for further plugin development.

best regards,
    John

George
    Participant

Please add me to the list of users who would prefer this concept of displaying the availability calendar for a single accommodation anywhere in the site via a short code/widget. In fact, I’d be inclined to place the availability calendar on the home page. I too think it’s intuitive for clients to be able to know straight away if a room/home is available. After all, before they book they usually know what days in the future they’ll want to take their holiday. It makes little sense to me for them to have to peruse the site only to find that ultimately the room is already booked for the days they have in mind. At present, it appears that that’s what happens under the existing structure. I realise that perhaps Motopress is most suited for a business with multiple properties and the existing availability calendar is best suited for that purpose. But for individual properties with one rental, it would be great to enable the availability calendar to be placed anywhere in the site and synched to AirBnb, VRBO, etc. Thank you.

G

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We’ll post a comment to this topic once we get any news about this feature.

At the moment you can try one of the solution below:

– add search form of your accommodation type with skip search results option enabled on the front page. It will let your customers to check its availability without going to other pages

– use third party plugin to add availability calendar using iCal link e.g. VR Calendar.

best regards,
    John

Joe
    Participant

Hi Rob, Lok, George, John

New user here setting up my site and thought I would update some posts.

On the shortcode page I found this shortcode with other variables .

[mphb_availability_calendar id=”703″ monthstoshow=”2″]
    Replace “703” with your accommodation ID.

Cheers
    Joe

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Thank you for updating the thread.
    The shortcode for the calendars was added in the latest update of the booking plugin (2.7.5). This update has not yet been included into the theme packages that come with the booking plugin, because it takes some more time to make sure that the update is compatible with the themes themselves. We will post in this thread when the update 2.7.5 is available to all the users.

Lok Cheung
    Participant

Hi,

Just upgrade to 2.7.6 and see the shortcode [mphb_availability_calendar] launched. Thank you very much!

Cheers,
    -Lok

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lok,

You are welcome. We are grateful for your feedback and suggestions too.
    We would highly appreciate if you rate plugin(s)/theme(s) you use.

best regards,
    John

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.