How to set up a goal in Google Analytics?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi,

I was hoping to set up a goal in Google Analytics for every time a booking is made by a customer. Is there a way to do this? I was hoping I could use the final confirmation page but I cannot find where customers are directed to on final confirmation (I have confirmation by payment only). Are you able to point me the right direction with this?

Cheers,
    Rob

Alex M
    Participant

From the demo of Mountainview theme

1. The final confirmation page URL is
    https://themes.getmotopress.com/mountainview/booking-confirmation/payment-success-page/?payment_id=3763&payment_key=payment_3763_60a7f1a99b0287.12449710&mphb_payment_status=mphb-p-completed

2. View booking link is different and should not affect your Goal
    https://themes.getmotopress.com/mountainview/booking-confirmation/booking-confirmed/?payment_id=3763&payment_key=payment_3763_60a7f1a99b0287.12449710

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Alex. That’s really helpful.

I have set a goal where the page begins with “/booking-confirmation/reservation-received?payment_id” and it seems to track bookings. I think this may also track when customers pay their remaining balance too but I can’t seem to find a way to distinguish between first payment and second payment. This is a good start though – thank you for your help!

Andre Flores

Hello Robert,

You are most welcome, I hope it will work out properly for you.

Regards,
    Andre

Alex M
    Participant

Hello Robert,

Yes, you are right. In case of the Payment Request addon the final URL will be the same
    /booking-confirmation/reservation-received/?payment_id=XXX

We appreciate you share your experience with our community.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.