Direct booking form allows over capacity and doesn’t adjust the price

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Direct booking form allows over capacity and doesn’t adjust the price

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicole Paton
    Participant

When I have “Show price together with adults and children fields” enabled for the direct booking form it allows me to select more than the capacity of the room.

Eg. For a 4 bed room I can select 4 adults and 4 children even thought I have set the room to have a capacity of only 4 in total in the accommodation type settings. The price calculation is also not correct. It only uses the base rate and does not add on the extra adults and/or children in the price display for this form which is highly misleading for the customers as they think they can add all 4 adults for the base price.

Once I proceed to the booking confirmation page I am required to enter the number of adults and children again, which is rather frustrating and should not be necessary. This data should be passed though from the direct booking form on the previous page. At least the capacity and price are correct on the booking confirmation page however the price is displayed smaller and down the page so I’m worried they won’t notice the increase from the page before.

How can I get the capacity to be honoured and the price to be correctly calculated on the direct booking form or is this a bug?

Can the number of adults and children entered on the direct booking form please be passed through to the booking confirmation page?

Thanks very much for your assistance.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. The direct booking option is not adapted for the total capacity parameter yet. We will do our best to adjust it in one of the next updates. We will update this topic once we have any news.

2. The selection of the adults and children is cleared on the booking confirmation page for the guest to make a conscious choice. We also have this request in our list of features. We will notify you when we have any news on this.

best regards,
    John Davis

Andre Flores

Hello Nicole,

We are delighted to let you know that we have recently released the Hotel Booking plugin update v. 4.7.2 with the fix of the property capacity not being taken into account, when guests choose the number of adults and children while making bookings directly from the accommodation page. Feel free to update the plugin to the latest version to get the new improvement.

Best regards,
    Andre Flores

Nicole Paton
    Participant

Thanks so much for letting me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.