Customer Account

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    M. Creative
    Participant

Hello, can anyone tell me why there is not the possibility of an account login on this theme? Is it because the plugin that comes with the theme isn’t updated yet? (Version 3.9.10) instead of the actual version (4.4.0)? I find it necessary to let booking customers login to their accounts.

Thank you. Best regards

M. Creative
    Participant

Hello, does anyone know this? Thank you so much.

Alex M
    Participant

Yes, you are right. Account feature was released in 4.2.0. You may purchase Hotel Booking plugin or wait while it will be updated in this theme soon.

Thomas Hallwright
    Participant

Hi, i have just activated the account feature. I have some issues with bookings not showing up when a user logs in. For example after logging in and clicking bookings, No bookings found. is displayed.

What are the criteria for this to be visibe to the user? ie how is the booking linked to the account? Does only the email address need to be the same?

I have tried making sure the customer is in the customer list, assigning a user number, deleting and recreating the accounts, made sure that ‘automatically create account for user at checkout’ is ticked,

in the admin menu customer list, it is visible how many bookings the customer has made, but the customer account cannot see them when they look at their front end account.

Does the user need to have a nickname set? as i cannot edit this in the customer info menu.

I finally got this to work by creating a user account through the booking form. the username is then set.

Is there a way we can quickly import many existing wp accounts to allow this? ie what user metadata needs to be set here.
    Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your question. When the User was created earlier than the Customer you will need to edit the customer and add an ID of a proper user. Unfortunately, there is no option to import the list of customers for now.

best regards,
    John Davis

Thomas Hallwright
    Participant

Hi,
    1. I understand there is no built in import tool, but what should be edited in the database to permit this functionality?

2. As i mentioned, simply adding the user ID does not work. What parameters need to be met for the users past bookings to be visible?
    Thanks!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

You can make a test booking with a completely new email address to make sure the user and related customers are added correctly. Thus you will be able to view the database to learn the table structure required to form the proper import of the customers. Note: we do not recommend you edit the database manually not to corrupt it.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.