Checkout Payment Amount

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to alter the checkout page to be more specific about the amount the customer needs to pay?

I currently have a 30% deposit payment required when booking in advance of 90 days. I am using Stripe as a payment gateway. When the customer goes through the checkout process they get to the part where they enter their card details and it states:

“Total Price: £310

Deposit: £93”

This is not actually very clear on what payment is being taken from the card. I would prefer it to provide more of an explanation, e.g.

“The total price for your accommodation is £310.

You currently only need to pay a deposit of £93.

The remaining balance of £217 will be due on xx/xx/xxx.

A Payment of £93 will now be processed on your card”

I’m sure you can word it better than me but something along those lines to make it clear what the customer has to pay. Also, it would be better if the customer could enter the amount they want to pay now (to a minimum of the deposit amount).

Let me know if there is a way of changing this myself. Appreciate your help and finding the plugin really easy to use and very comprehensive. Thanks.

Andre Flores

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your suggestions, it is much appreciated. I must say that performing described changes would require custom development with major changes to the plugin code. Unfortunately, our developers are currently busy with other priority tasks, so they will not be able to check this request in the nearest future.
    As an alternative, you may use Loco Translate plugin and change the “Total Price:” and “Deposit:” texts to something else in order to make it more clear to your guests. Check this article with an example on how to change text via Loco Translate plugin.

Regards,
    Andre

Robert
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will try Loco Translate, the article makes it sound pretty simple. Just wanted to check – if I make changes but then want to revert back to the original is that simple to do?

Cheers,
    Rob

Andre Flores

Hello Rob,

Sure, you will just need to remove added translation and changes will be reverted back.

Regards,
    Andre

Robert
    Participant

Thanks Andre. The Loco Translate workaround works surprisingly well.

Thank you for your help.

Andre Flores

Hello Robert,

You are most welcome, I am glad that the solution worked for you! It would be very much appreciated if you leave your positive feedback about the Checkout Fields add-on at: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking-checkout-fields/#edd-reviews-respond.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.