Change text of reserve button to book.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Perry
    Participant

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere I did try a few searches but could find anything.

On the search results page, there is a button underneath the recommended section to reserve the recommended, however this diverts to the booking page (which is fine). Is it possible to change the text of this button from “reserve” to “book”?

Thanks
    Dan

Andre Flores

Hello Daniel,

You may change the button text via Loco Translate plugin. You will find an example of how to do that in this article.

Regards,
    Andre

Daniel Perry
    Participant

Is there a way to do this without adding another plug-in?
    Maybe a php snippet or something?
    Thanks
    Dan

Andre Flores

Hello Daniel,

Sure, you may perform translations directly in language files. Use the .po language file for the language in question under /wp-content/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking/languages/ directory to perform necessary changes. It is recommended to copy edited .po and .mo files to /wp-content/languages/plugins/ directory after that in order to avoid loosing changes after the plugin update.
    Check this article on how to manage .po and .mo files.

Regards,
    Andre

Daniel Perry
    Participant

Thats great thanks, I don’t see an “EN” suffix version of the file though? Which files do I edit for the English translation?

Cheers

Dan

Daniel Perry
    Participant

nudge nude, can someone respond please, I really need to get this sorted, thanks again

Andre Flores

Hello Dan,

Kindly provide me with your website URL and temporary access to WordPress dashboard in a private reply, so I check it for you.

Regards,
    Andre

Daniel Perry
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andre Flores
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Daniel Perry
    Participant

Fantastic, thanks very much for doing that πŸ™‚

However it would be handy to know how to do this, as there are a couple of other pieces of text I would like to change for example, changing “CHOOSE ADDITIONAL SERVICES” to something like “choose your extras”.

Thanks again for the support

Dan

Andre Flores

Hello Dan,

You now have motopress-hotel-booking-en_GB.po file under /wp-content/languages/plugins/ directory, you will need to edit the file locally in your machine with Poedit software and perform necessary changes to it. Once changes are saved, you will get new .mo file generated, make sure to replace current .mo file with it as well, so changes are applied.

Regards,
    Andre

Daniel Perry
    Participant

Perfect thank you so much πŸ™‚

Andre Flores

You are most welcome πŸ™‚
    It would be very much appreciated if you share your positive feedback about the Hotel Booking at: https://www.trustpilot.com/evaluate/www.getmotopress.com.

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.