Can I change button text?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Deksia Jones
    Participant

I’d like to change the button in the availability form to have the text something other than “Confirm Reservation”? (e.g. Inquire about a Reservation).
    The same thing for the “Book Now” button. Can I change it to say something like “Request to Book”?

Also, is the only way to add pet fees to get the Hotel Booking Checkout Fields Add-on?

Thank you.

Alex M
    Participant

Let me illustrate the “translation” process with an example using the Loco Translate plugin, but you can use any other plugin that can generate translations.

1. Install and activate the Loco Translate plugin.
    2. Navigate to Dashboard > Loco Translate > Home.
    3. Click on the Hotel Booking plugin.
    4. Click “New language”.
    5. Choose your language. For example, “English (United States)”.
    6. For the location choose “languages/loco/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking-en_US.po”.
    7. Click “Start Translating”.
    8. Insert the “Confirm Reservation” text in the “Filter translations” field.
    9. Click on the source text.
    10. Add your text to the translation field.
    11. Save.
    Deksia Jones
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

Is an external translating plugin the only way to achieve this?
    Also, in this case, wouldn’t I have to constantly re-do the whole process whenever the Hotel Booking plugin gets updated or altered?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

You may edit Po language file on your PC using Poedit software and then upload the file to system path which is not overridden after plugin update – /wp-content/languages/plugins/

best regards,
    J. Davis

Alex M
    Participant

Deksia Jones,

If you choose the location as languages/loco/plugins it won’t be overwritten on plugin update.

Another safe path to store custom translations is /wp-content/languages/motopress-hotel-booking/

You may customize plugin translation by editing the needed texts or adding your translation following these steps:

1. Take the source file for your translations \motopress-hotel-booking\languages\motopress-hotel-booking.pot or needed translated locale.
    2. Translate texts with any translation program like Poedit, Loco, Pootle etc.
    3. Put created .mo file with your translations into the folder /wp-content/languages/motopress-hotel-booking/motopress-hotel-booking-{lang}_{country}.mo. Where {lang} is ISO-639 language code and {country} is ISO-3166 country code. Example: Brazilian Portuguese file would be called motopress-hotel-booking-pt_BR.mo.

AJ Best
    Participant

Deksia Jones Did you figure this out? I am looking to do the same thing.

Andre Flores

Hi, AJ!

Have you tried the translating with Loco Translate plugin Alex described in this reply? It should work perfectly. Alternatively, try editing language files manually following these directions.

Regards,
    Andre

Tom Moreton
    Participant

I’m trying to do the same thing too (same button!). Edited the pot file on Poedit and loaded .mo file like suggested but it won’t see the new tranlation! How do I activate it? If I find a solution before a reply I’ll post here.

/wp-content/languages/motopress-hotel-booking/motopress-hotel-booking-en_GB.mo

I’ve also tried putting it other locations:
    /wp-content/languages/motopress-hotel-booking-en_GB.mo
    /wp-content/languages/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking-en_GB.mo
    /wp-content/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking/languages/motopress-hotel-booking-en_GB.mo

Do I need to copy the .po file too?

Andre Flores

Hello, Tom!

You should upload both .po and .mo files generated after changes you have performed to pot file. The recommended location is: /wp-content/languages/plugins/ – edited translation files will not be overwritten if you store them in this location.
    If you still have difficulties performing translation, submit your request to our Help Desk.

Regards,
    Andre

S. Siroco-Gemelos22
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andre Flores
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.