Calendar Sync doesn’t work for cancellation from Booking.com

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Calendar Sync doesn’t work for cancellation from Booking.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Le Chalet Lakme Elisabeth Ponsin
    Participant

Hello,
    Calendar synchronization with booking.com works well except when a cancellation is made by the booking.com site.
    We are forced to manually cancel it in the plugin calendar.
    Have we forgotten to configure something?
    Thank you

Andre Flores

Hello, Elisabeth!

The syncing depends on the iCal file exported from the Booking.com. If the file does not include cancellations, then they will not be imported to your Hotel Booking calendar. You may easily check it by opening the .ics link in your browser and downloading the file to your local drive – open the file for editing and check whether cancellations are present in the file. If they are, then the Hotel Booking plugin will check all the previous bookings during next sync and in case some bookings are no longer there (due to cancellation for example), then they will be removed from the calendar and the dates will be available again.

Regards,
    Andre

Michele Caggiano
    Participant

“The syncing depends on the iCal file exported from the Booking.com. If the file does not include cancellations, then they will not be imported to your Hotel Booking calendar. ”

It’s impossible because it works with the other Otas like Air bnb…….. Please solve this bug it s impossible to manage many rooms with this bad Sync

Andre Flores

Hello, Michele!

I would recommend that you submit a request to our Help Desk providing a temporary access to WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Michele Caggiano
    Participant

I have done it but I think that the problem is for all your users

Andre Flores

Hello, Michele!

Thank you for cooperation, kindly expect an e-mail with further directions in your request #30471.

Regards,
    Andre

John
    Participant

Hello, I have the same problem as the sender of this original message. The sync from booking.com works well for bookings and my calendar works….but not for cancellations. If someone cancels a booking on booking.com then my calendar on motopress does not update.
    Is there a simple way to fix this since this was posted by the original user 2 years ago?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,

By default, there is no unified status that would tell the platform that the previously imported booking has been canceled or removed. So when you cancel/remove a booking – it simply disappears from the iCal file. And that is why it rather depends on the booking platform that imports bookings. Some booking platforms are coded to remove the previously imported bookings automatically if it is not available in the iCal file during the next import session. However, some platforms ignore it and so we recommend you to check all the platforms to remove the imported bookings if it has been canceled on the original resource.

As for the Hotel Booking plugin, it removes the imported bookings that have been canceled/removed on the external booking platform.

You may learn more about iCal synchronization by reading this article.

best regards,
    J. Davis

John
    Participant

Hello. I had the same problem with the syncing process between my wordpress website not updating cancellations from booking.com. It got so bad I’ve had to ditch motopress and subscribe to a channel manager with their own software. Now I have no issues.
    Am I reading correctly that you’re saying the syncing issue is a problem from the booking.com side? If so, how is it that my new setup updates cancellations without issue? If this “synchronisation of cancellations” bug can be fixed I would definitely switch back to using motopress hotel bookings as this new management system I have in place is another drain on my income despite it being dependable.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. You may try to follow the steps below:

– register online demo at https://hbdemo.getmotopress.com
    – set up automatic import of bookings at Accommodation > Settings (bottom of settings page)
    – add ical link from booking.com to Bookings > Sync Calendar
    – add booking on booking.com
    – wait till the plugin imports this booking
    – when the booking is imported to your site you may go to booking.com and remove the test reservation
    – wait till the next import session on your site and check if the imported booking disappeared from the site.

If you need our assistance you may contact our support team referring to the current reply and we will test it for you.

best regards,
    John Davis

John
    Participant

Hi John. Thanks for your reply to my problem. I did go through with the demo as you suggested and yes it did work in the way that after cancelling the booking, it did clear after syncing. So I checked all my settings on my website motopress and it’s exactly the same as the demo but yet the cancellation still does not clear after syncing. So I seem to be no further on with the problem. Is there anything else I could check?
    Kind Regards, John

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,

You need to check if the ical links are valid and whether the synchronization is running automatically. You may also check the logs by clicking on the Calendar Sync Status link at the top admin bar.
    If this does not help or you need our assistance you may submit a ticket and refer to the current topic. We will do our best to help you sort this out.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.