Booking ID skipping numbers + Check In/Out History

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Booking ID skipping numbers + Check In/Out History

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fahad Al Shidhani
    Participant

Greetings,

My client was wondering why the “Booking ID’s” were skipping numbers, screenshot as follow:

Booking ID and Check In/Out

Was this done by design?

————-
    Additionally, my client gets regular visits from the police/investigators and they usually request the check in and check out time of certain guests, I suppose this will be a feature request under hopefully upcoming “custom fields” of type list since a guest can check in and out multiple times a day.

In the mean time they’re using customer notes to record such events but will greatly appreciate the above addition in the future which I find to be very powerful.

Thank you for your time.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Fahad,

Thanks for your questions.

1. The ID of bookings are not being added in row as bookings are post types like pages, posts, accommodation types, payments etc. And database applies each next ID for new added post type no matter whether it is new payment,post or page. So if there is made booking 3425 and before the next reservation was made you added post or page (or any other post type) there will be applied ID 3426 and then your next Booking will be 3427 and so on.

2. There is option to set fixed check in and check out times within settings of Hotel Booking plugin. As a rule a hotel or other property rental type offers fixed check in and check out time so you can use that option to set this up and notify your guests when they can check in and check out. So I’d kindly ask you to clarify your request providing some examples or screenshots of functionality you request.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Fahad Al Shidhani
    Participant

Hello J. Davis,

Thank you for the clarification.

Regarding the current fixed check in/out its purpose is clearly understandable, allow me to rephrase my clients request with the following scenario:

– Guest Books online for 1 night, room will be reserved according the fixed check in/out time from 11:00 AM until 10:00 AM next day.
    – Guest arrives to the hotel at 1:00 PM, the counter logs the arrival time.
    – Guest leaves the hotel at 2:15 PM , the counter logs their departure time.
    – Guest returns to the hotel at 9:00 PM, the counter logs their return time.

and so on.

So basically they want to log their guests hotel entry and leave times for easier tracking when requested by police/investigators.

Here’s a quick sample:

Guest Activity Log

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Fahad

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Fahad,

Thank you for your reply and explanation. You may try adding such functionality using third party plugins like advanced custom fields, etc.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.