Video makes slide appear too long.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Philip Macafee
    Participant

I have a slide show set for 14 seconds per slide in order for one of the slide to show a 14 second video.
    All the text and animation appears at the correct moment but when we get to the end of the video and end of all the animation, the slide stays on the screen for another 14 seconds. Does video always extend the time of the slide? All other slide run 14 seconds.
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Philip Macafee.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

Slideshow duration does not affect Video time. Video will play to the end even if slideshow duration is 1 second. The logic is to play video and then run other stuff of the slide.
    So you can simply reduce the slideshow delay not to wait for 14 seconds after the video is over.

Best regards,
    John

Philip Macafee
    Participant

Thanks John, the text and animation layers appear correctly during the video. And the video is layer #1 so that I can format it correctly Not sure how to reduce the slideshow delay after the video. Can you give me the details?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Philip Macafee.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

You should reduce global slideshow delay. For this go to Slider Settings > Slideshow and edit Slideshow Delay value http://prntscr.com/duqb5j

Best regards,
    John

Philip Macafee
    Participant

John, a bit confused here. When I change the Slideshow Delay, it changes the display time for all slides and does not allow time for them to be displayed properly.

The problem I am having is with only the one slide that includes the video. The video is synchronized correctly with 4 other animated layers and finishes at the end of the Slideshow Delay time. But it seems that the video make the Slideshow Delay timer start all over again.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

Yes, that parameter sets delay for all slides. I thought that you have 14 seconds videos at each slide and recommended you to reduce it. Then you can change it back and just wait another 14 seconds after the video. This is how it works.
    As a workaround you can add your video as background . It will play depending on Slideshow delay parameter.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.