Stand alone portfolio page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hugh

I love the theme, but I have one issue. I have about 50 portfolio items to list. Obviously I don’t want to put all of those on the front page, but there does not seem to be an option to create a stand alone Portfolio page, where a user can click the Check All Works button on the front page portfolio, where I want to just show two rows, then that button takes them to a stand alone page displaying all the Portfolio items.

In addition, if you click into an individual portfolio item, the categories listed on the right do not in fact filter the portfolio items to show all those items in that category. In fact, it displays a blank page.

Other than those two items I’m very happy with the theme. I would even be willing to pay for an upgrade if I can get those two items included in it, I believe they are critical as right now the user experience is not good for the Portfolio items.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Hugh,

1. You can create a page, name it Portfolio, launch Page Builder by MotoPress, add Posts Grid element, configure to show Portfolio post types in 2 columns, etc. Save and Publish this page. Then go to Appearance>Portfolio Section and link Portfolio button with this page.
    2. Yes, we know about this categories issue. It will be fixed in the next update version. It will be released really soon.

Best regards,
    John

Hugh

Everything works great except for one small issue, apparently it’s limited to just 40 items, why can’t I get more in there? Is there some way to make it unlimited? I tried Show All, doesn’t work.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Hugh,

Could you specify the issue more detailed? Have you enabled ‘Load More’ or ‘Pagination’? Please specify. You can also submit a request providing admin login details.

Best regards,
    John

Michael Holforty
    Participant

I’m trying to do the same thing here.

This is really confusing. The comment above (from just one month ago) says to launch “Page Builder by MotoPress”. I see a “Visual Builder” available on the page edit. But in the Plugins it seems to be called “MotoPress Content Editor”. I’m guessing it’s all the same product, if so, you really need to standardize your naming. I just went to install it from the plugin repository and there it’s called “Page Builder by MotoPress”, but I got the lite version. OK, I don’t need that.

OK, that aside, when I launch “Visual Builder”, I don’t see any “Posts Grid”. In fact, the “Visual Builder” says “Drag objects from the left panel to this area to start working with them”. Well, they are on the bottom, and dragging them is simply met with a crossed-out red circle (can’t do this cursor). So dragging doesn’t work.

I’m completely confused, please give updated instructions.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Since latest update of MotoPress Content Editor we have divided editor for Text and Visual Builder to have simple HTML content after plugin deactivation or removal. You can get more information at our Blog
    You should click +Add button to find the bar with elements to add. There you will find Posts Grid element.

Best regards,
    John

Michael Holforty
    Participant

That helps a lot! lol But seriously, a naming convention would make it much less confusing when giving directions. Drag and drop still doesn’t work on that initially displayed main page.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

That instruction should be applied to page for all Portfolios Items. If you want to increase amount of Portfolio Items output at Front Page you can try to use this guide

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.