Pictures in Schedule

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ronny

I’d like to be able to put speaker pictures in my TIMETABLE event like you have in the DEMO page..

Can you give me an idea of how to do this?

Thanks much.. time sensitive

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ronny,

You should simply add profile picture to speaker profile at your WordPress. You can add it here https://gravatar.com/ The picture will appear everywhere you use email registered on Gravatar.

Best regards,
    John

Ronny Bergman

Ah.. don’t think i can do that as i’m not registering each speaker on gravatar.. thought maybe you can do it inline in the plugin somewhere..

thanks though

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ronny,

Then you can use avatar plugin like this one to add profile image from your WordPress Media Library without registering at Gravatar.

Best regards,
    John

Ronny Bergman

So following up on this.. i finally installed WP User Avatar.. how do I where do I place the avatar link in TimeTable?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ronny,

We recommended that plugin to add profile pictures for users registered at your WordPress. In order to show author pictures in timetable you should allow it while adding shortcode http://prntscr.com/defx4h
    If the shortcode is already added you can find user="0" in the shortcode and change it to user="1"

Best regards,
    John

Ronny Bergman

This helps..

When you say “registered with your wordpress” .. Are you saying each “speaker” would have to have a wordpress login/pw to my site?

TIA

RLB

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ronny,

Each speaker should have account at your WordPress. You can simply create account, apply their pictures and do not share login and password. if you do not want it.

Best regards,
    John

Ronny Bergman

Perfect.. Thank you John… looks like a lot of work, but lemme see what I can do.. I appreciate your responses and might come back around on this in a week or so..

RLB

Ronny Bergman

Just tried to add one user.. no prob..

How do I center his picture under the text?

http://prntscr.com/dfmnvj

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ronny,

It is centered by default. Seems like there is conflict with theme style. You can submit a request providing website URL and admin login details.

Best regards,
    John

Ron Step

Wouldn’t it just be easier to include feature Image in listings

Regards

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

The image size is too small for featured image. It looks good for event head.
    If you have developer skills you can customize timetable overriding templates.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.