Homepage customizer elements, I cannot link target="_blank"

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Themes Emmet Homepage customizer elements, I cannot link target="_blank"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    niki

Hi there..we have a couple of instances where I would want the linked button to open in a new tab. The buttons do not automatically do this – so I tried to add code into the text area of one of the sections <a>target="_blank" </strong> class="button" href="">

BUT

when I save the customizer – it removes the target=”_blank”

SO…

I went into the theme file, and was able to add the targetting into the sections/big_title.php – but I know that when we update the theme, this will be over-written

BUT….

I have a child theme created – so I created a folder called “sections” there with that file – but it will not overwrite the one in the main theme file structure.

my question is – what is the best method to allow targetted links from homepage/customzer links?

thank you 🙂
    Niki

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Niki,

It was intended to be one-page theme that’s why we did not add option to open links in a new window at Front Page. Unfortunately it is not possible to modify Big Title Section via Child Theme.
    We’ll also keep your request in mind. Thank you.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.