Booking Notifier UPDATE 1.3.0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

Hello, thank you for the modification of Hotel Booking Notifier 1.3.0 where the option to disable automatic notifications for bookings made later than the set time frame has been added. However, it would be good to add the option of sending a one-time notification, for example about an unpaid reservation, possibly changes in accommodation, etc. I also, of course, lack the option to enter a condition for not sending a notification for a paid reservation. I send payment reminders in advance and it’s embarrassing when a customer who has already paid receives the reminder.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Ho Pavel,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please describe the booking flow on your site? Is there a confirmation mode by online payments with deposit payment enabled or do you approve booking manually by sending the payment link with a payment request addon? Please clarify what you mean by unpaid reservation – when an online payment was not finished or if the customer did not pay via bank transfer or so? Please try to describe your situation as detailed as it is possible to help us understand what exactly you wish to achieve.

best regards,
    John Davis

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

John, thanks for the info, the booking is approved by the admin, as we have a more complex calculation of the booking price. The admin approves the reservation and the customer receives an email with instructions to pay for the reservation. We have set up that payment must be credited to our account 45 days before the reservation date. I have a Notifications plugin where I set notifications to pay 60 days in advance and another 45 days before the reservation date. Even customers who have already paid receive these notifications, which is confusing and not nice. Therefore, I request the option of a condition for notifications that the reservation is paid or not paid. If the customer has paid, he would no longer receive the notifications about the need for payment. We do not use online payments and the Payment Order cannot be used when the admin has to check whether the customer has entered the correct payment information.
    I am sorry for my bad English.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your reply and explanation. We will keep this in mind and let you know if we have any news or further questions on this.

best regards,
    John Davis

Paul Ryan
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to add a link to Notification Notice 1 to download a document containing Advanced Guest Information (PDF). I have tried putting the full link address and by using Pretty Links but no matter what it just appears as text in the notification email.
    Is there a way to add a clickable link to a notification email?

Regards
    Paul

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

It looks like it depends on the email client/provider. I’ve tested it with Gmail and the link was active (clickable). Could you please specify what email provider you tested it with? You may try to test it by sending notifications to other email addresses.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.