angular is not defined

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Neil Smith
    Participant

Slider doesn’t show up on the frontend I get the console error: ‘Uncaught ReferenceError: angular is not defined at motoslider.js?ver=2.1.0:1’. Received the same error from both lite and pro versions and I get the error regardless of usage: shortcode in post content or call to motoPressSlider() in html.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Neil Smith.
    Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

You can check if there is any conflict with a third-party plugin by disabling all the plugins, except for MotoPress Slider. If it works, enable the other plugins one by one to find the one causing conflict. Also switching to a standard WordPress theme may help. If you want us to have a look at the issue, please, submit a ticket here.

Neil Smith
    Participant

It was the theme. Changing to Twenty Nineteen showed the slider via shortcode in a post’s content. The theme that’s not working is a simple, barebones theme – any reason you know of that would cause the theme to have issues?

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

JQuery might be outdated within the theme. If it is not the case, we could have a closer look if you submit a ticket attaching the theme

Neil Smith
    Participant

Hindsight is 20/20… I was deregistering jquery because I was only using it within a webpack bundle. Exposing jquery to the window object works just fine. Thanks!

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Glad that it works now!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.